Friday, February 6, 2009




After multiple appearances of the infamous Styrofoam cup attached to Lil Waynes hand, it's sparked up some debates as to the contents of the cup.

When it was announced that the fatal drink played a key role in the death of Texas legend Pimp C, Wayne felt the need to state his addiction to it.

Following urges by friends and family, particularly his mother, to quit downing the lethal drink, Wayne responded by saying that quitting feels like "death".

"It ain't that easy - feels like death in your stomach when you stop doing that stuff. You gotta learn how to stop, you gotta go through detox. You gotta do all kinds of stuff. Like I said, I'm a selfish person. I feel like everything I do is successful and productive. It's gonna be hard to tell me I'm slipping. It's hard to sit and tell me 'Stop. damn, how can we tell this guy to stop when every thing he do is successful? This guy is making progress. He just went and talked to kids and that stuff was amazing.' Feel me? So what am I doing wrong?" Wayne vented in a recent interview with MTV."

Despite the frequent requests for him to stop the use of syrup, Weezy says it's pushing him to want to do more.

"It's inspiring me, but I'mma tell them now they better stop. Cause they [are trying to] push me off the edge. If I jump, I'm taking the world with me. That's my word."

Wayne stated in the same interview.

1 comment:

  1. Is it just cough syrup or is there something else in it? Katie Couric interviewed him the other night as a lead up the Grammys this weekend and it was possibly the most hilarious exchange I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete